1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Welcome To TTF's Sport Compact / 4-6 Cylinder Tech Section!

Discussion in 'Turbo Sport Compact, 4-6 Cylinder and Import Turbo Tech' started by PrecisionTurboMustang, Dec 4, 2008.

1. PrecisionTurboMustang

Welcome to one of the newest sections of theturboforums.com! Our goal for this forum is to make it the best technical resource for turbocharging sports compact vehicles on the Internet. Whether you are looking to turbocharge your naturally aspirated 4cyl/6cyl or improve the performance of your factory turbo charged vehicle this is the section to go to for help. This site is filled with very knowledgeable members who are willing to help you with your project and any questions that you may have along the way.

Over the course of the next few days I will be searching for and trying to put together a sticky with useful links. If you have anything that you feel would be useful please feel free to pm me.

If you are a new member, welcome to the site. Please make yourself aware of the forum rules before posting: https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17910.0

Thank you,

Jordan

2. xlr8a4d

Re: Welcome too TTF's Sport Compact / 4-6 Cylinder Tech Section!

Hey,where the first thread go?? No fair,lol

3. Leftoverchinese

I'll have to find it, but full-race has a great write-up comparing log and equal length manifolds that I think would be perfect for a sticky.

4. turbo cat

sport compacts!! OHHzz shitzzz gettin sidewayz up on herz braa

5. BlownShovel

We have 4-6cyl, FWD RWD builds scattered all over the site. This will give one spot for all the "different" cars we build. I am working on a turbo tech sticky of various things I have found during researching 4 cylinder to small V8 applications.

6. gotageta5oh

I am just happy to have a place for 2.3 stuff.

I have grown tired of some "other" boards.

7. Leftoverchinese

8. Sleepy 50

is my 3 cylinder geo buildup welcome here? I kinda feel left out :cry:

9. PrecisionTurboMustang

I have seen that article in the past. I am not really sure that I buy there "unbiased" testing.

10. slow_svo

+1!

11. dli1314

I'm with you on the "unbiased" testing, but there are definite benefits of an equal length manifold over a log. I've seen them firsthand. I gained 50whp(went from 185hp to 236) switching from a log to an equal length mani.

12. PrecisionTurboMustang

Thats almost unbelieveable.

13. Trentk

one of the major differences between my cartech kit and my rusty turbo performance kit was the equal length design and I picked up more than 50rwhp. Backpressure is a mother.

14. PrecisionTurboMustang

I can see the 50hp+hp in many different instances but he is talking about a +25% gain (from 185-236). That must have been one hell of a restricitve log manifold. I would love to see a dyno to see how the curve changes.