1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

PI makes ford/gm hybrid converters

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by BlackMagic94, Nov 13, 2009.

1. BlackMagic94

That is right folks, ditch your stupid dual pattern flexplates or JW conversion pieces with those JW ultra wheels now!!!

Bolts to Ford Flexplate and mates to TH400 trans in one piece, a custom unit from PI is only 642 bucks right now!!

2. LowBoostinT76

I don't like hybrid converters, its easier to sell a regular th400 converter if needed. When I did my th400 swap I went from a tremec 5 spd to the 400, I needed all the automatic parts anyways so I didn't mind buying all swap stuff.
    I just think it would be a lot harder to sell that hybrid converter down the road if ever needed to.
    Definitely interesting for guys looking to ditch their c4's and already have a nice sfi flex plate.

3. BlackMagic94

Doesnt bother me, less shit to bolt on the better.

4. 86lxnotch

like was said harder to sell and its only one more piece to put that doesnt even "bolt" on

5. 7SEC_SN95

I got one I can sell you...

6. BlackMagic94

What do you have?

7. 7SEC_SN95

I bought a whole package deal from Art Carr in 06', it was part of the deal. Before I went to SEMA (Fall 07') I upgraded to a Chance bolt together for the dyno. Only has dyno time and 500 street miles on it. It was built for about 1,200 rwhp set-up..