1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best place to buy th400 rebuild kit

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by 2vteror, Jan 27, 2013.

1. 2vteror

I am building my first auto. I am looking for the best priced place that I can basically get a complete kit of everything I need. Would like red alto clutches, at least a new forward band, seals, gaskets, and probably go ahead and go with a new pump. It has a 34 element sprag. Looking at using a griner g10 valve body and a ptc turbo converter. All opinions are appreciated.

2. turbostang500

3. TDmkr496

I second that, Pete@hughes is just amazing to deal with, great customer service, tech and feedback.

4. TurboComet

We can set you up with everything you need to rebuild your TH400. We can also assist you with a custom built torque converter. We offer member discounts on our entire product line. What are your horsepower, torque, and overall performance goals? How heavy is your car? I will be happy to put together a quote for you if you're interested.

5. 2vteror

Right now I will be looking at about 700rwhp. It's a 5.4 with a pt88. Car weighs about 3700 with me in it. I street drive the car but I am more concerned about performance than anything. I am trying to do this on a as little of a budget as possible. Would be nice if I could get it to be ok to 1000hp but I don't know what all upgrades and parts that would require.

6. TurboComet

PM sent.