1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

weird fuel pressure issue

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by LowDime, Jan 26, 2013.

1. LowDime

Hey everyone i am fighting a weird fuel pressure issue on my 93. It has a magnafuel protuner 750 with the glenns performance intake style pick up tube. But the weird thing is that at idle i have good fuel pressure, but as soon as i try to hit the loud pedal fuel pressure falls down to like 20psi and sometimes will stall. its weird, It restarts right up. I am wondering if it is sucking the pickup dry and not being able to keep it full or maybe a voltage issue, but i can hear the pump get louder like its running out of fuel..... Need some input. Running the holley Hp efi dart 363 woody built. super victor with an elbow. 80lb injectors.

2. blown385

does it with a full tank also ?

3. Rickracer

Do you have a pre-filter? And how big is it? Usually, a 100 micron is about right for a pre-filter, if it's 25 or less, it won't flow enough to feed the pump at high volume. 100 micron pre-pump, 25~20 micron after the pump is what you want.

4. Disney Lincoln

Is your tank vented some how? Wonder if youre pulling a vacuum in the tank.

5. LowDime

I think that this is the issue. I picked up an aeromotive sumped tank last night. I have to wait for it to warm up so i can get the old tank out.