1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Weeeeeeee... new best: 8.78@155

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by Enginerd, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Enginerd

First time I really played with the car all year. Left at 4000 on the trans brake (about 8-9psi) and went a 1.32 60ft carrying the tires a little. This was on a 325 MT radial. I took a gamble and ran on straight 100 unleaded instead of mixing in a little C16. Motor held together, so I guess I'm ok. :D I did change the fuel system a little. No more twin walbros with boost a pump. Now I'm running 3 walbros alone. The added fuel volume has allowed me to drop the duty cycle on my 83lb injectors.

Rob

2. franktf

Congrats, nice run..... :2thumbs:

3. furchaser

Cool ,

I think you just went full retard :2thumbs: :2thumbs:.. Congrats buddy.

4. 1sicpny

Wow That's awesome. Congrats. What was your suspension set up when you were trying the 275's

5. 10secgoal

Where did it pick up Rob ? Or was the timing more appropriate for the octane level ?

6. Enginerd

Thanks.

The suspension is still the same: Wolf uppers/lowers and anti-roll bar, stock springs, strange single adjustable shocks, 70/30s with coil overs up front.

Picked up from more boost, but the tune is super fat (about 9.5 thru the pass).

Rob

7. ScottI

Did you drive to the track this time? Nice ride.

8. jeepwilson

Congrats.I`ve been wondering where you were?Haven`t seen you posting lately.I finally got my motor back.What kind of tank are you running?I`ve been looking at buying the kit from glennsperformance with the 3 pumps,see what you think about it?Anyways I`ll be tracking you down later I`m sure for some more questions.

9. jeepwilson

Oh I was wondering too.Did you dump the laundry on that pass or is that just using the brakes at the end?It looked like it was slowing down pretty fast.You better not bring that thing down here and run it,We don`t have that much flat ground for a track and enough room to stop! :D

10. Bellman Jeff

Have you got a video where you can hear the motor sounds ??

11. 86merc

Congrats Rob!

What base fuel pressure do you run?

12. Enginerd

Nope, I took the trailer.

13. Enginerd

I left the car alone for awhile to save some cash. Got too boring not racing though. I have a completely stock tank with a pickup tube. The 3 pumps are mounted in front of the tank.

No chute on that pass, shutdown is long at that track. I have another vid to post where I did pull it though.

14. Enginerd

I just got one of those GoPro cameras and was playing with it. The sound is totally muffled. It says you can remove a cover to get better sound. Have to try it next time. I'll post another vid from yesterday without music.

15. Enginerd

I'llhave to check.

16. DaOnE51T

:2thumbs:

Congrats on the new best.

17. Mikey B

Very nice pass.... :2thumbs:

18. TwoFastT3s

BAD ASS!!! Way to knock down the ET! What was the 1/8th mile numbers?

Nate

19. Enginerd

Thanks guys.

60ft = 1.320
    330ft = 3.655
    1/8 = 5.626
    1/8mph = 124.46
    1000ft = 7.334
    1/4 = 8.786
    1/4mph = 154.78

20. 10secgoal

Good lord, congrats man. Keep sneaking it down so Don can't tell you to get a real cam. :)