1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Water standing on valves??

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by tt65cobra, Dec 1, 2010.

1. tt65cobra

Since I have had my engine together it has always sprayed a little water out the exhaust when I first started it. I always just assumed it was condensation (thought the little voice in my head said prolly not). I pulled the intake tonight to check stuff out and on the front two cylinders the valves were closed and had a small amount of antifreze sitting on top of the valves. This is a 4.6L DOHC with a sullivan intake.

Any thoughts on what would cause this?

Cracked heads?

Seems weird both heads would be cracked but I can not think of what else would cause this.

2. tt65cobra

It is the front two (left and right side), however my intake does not have any water ports just the runners. The water goes though the factory crossover.

3. 99TTGT

pics.?

4. tt65cobra

Well it turns out I may just be an idiot :stupid:. Here is the only decent pic I could get. You can barley see the fluid in the picture, but it is puddled on the back side of the valve.

It looks green as can be to me from above, but I lowerd a paper towel into the port to collect a sample and it smells clearly like gas....Sooo I must be going color blind or the green was an optical illusion from being down the hole.

[​IMG]#ad