1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbonetics 7868 on a 6.0 what to expect

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by pound4pound, Jul 16, 2014.

1. pound4pound

Hello all

the 6.0 is stock other than a carb intake at this moment may get a cam later.

turbo is the 7868 unit that's t4 and .96 ar

all going in a mustang coupe just wondering what power could this make

it it would be nice to make 800hp with this set up
    and have instant boost and I figure 9.0 -9.20 in the 1/4 mile at race weight of around 2800lbs

2. Gen1SVE

Turbonetics 7868 on a 6.0 what to expect....Back Pressure.

In all seriousness that engine flows some air. Put a big turbine on that motor. I would not go smaller than a 75mm turbine. Personally I would use a 90+mm turbine.

3. Mnlx

4. M&M Turbochargers

x3 that is a small turbine

a s475 or a s480 with the 96/88 turbine would be a good match

5. H.P.Ranch

Don't count the little turbo's out, Denmah's friends foxbody ran a 9.17 with the MPT76 in 403ci. Would it run better if bigger maybe maybe not. It seems the smaller turbo equipped cars are running quicker et's in general far as street-strip cars are concerned. To me it seems everyone wants to go big but who wants lag on the street?

6. pound4pound

So on the other side of the coin what about the ebay gt 45 as a single with the 1.05 ar .....

see eek the real issue is I have my car set up with 2 ebay gt45s and just afraid it's going to be a total pig........

i would like like to switch it over to a single and maybe just upgrade to another single or leave it twins with the gt45s and maybe later get a better suited set of turbos if the match proves slow to boost

7. bigblocknotch

The HP range of the Turbonectics 7868 can be extended a little with a bigger turbine housing. 1.15 or bigger would help it. But, ultimatly the 68mm turbine would become a restriction on the 6.0. If your already set up for twins, people have had good results from the on3 70mm and 76mm as twins on the ls engines. The small turbines work well in a twin setup. You could reach your HP goals with that setup. If you go single, I wouldnt use anything less than a 7675.