1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Water or oil cooling M11 turbos?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 86StangGT40, Jul 18, 2014.

1. 86StangGT40

Hi guys I joined a couple months back and have been spending time reading learning. Now I have a question. I have a Mustang, 1986, with GT40 forged internals. I have a line on a couple Cummins M11 turbos that have a water cooling setup. Should I run this with water and a pump, or some sort of oil cooling setup through it?

2. turbostang500

water cooled turbos are meant to have engine coolant running through them. pretty much as easy as plumbing it into the heater hoses.