1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Water/meth, injection rate?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Captcroft, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Captcroft

Hi all,
    This is a question mainly about a size for a water/meth tank. What would a ballpark ratio of water/meth to fuel for an engine. I am aware that off boost it will be 0% rising to some when on full boost. I'm not building a racer but I imagine I will try to be driving with the turbo spooling rather than not.
    Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

2. Jeremy

Every setup will be different depending on how you set it up. If your running a smaller nozzle just as an octane booster and a little cooling no need to mess with the air/fuel.
    Tank capacity would be whatever you can fit that will work for your needs.

3. Captcroft

Thanks.
    The plan with the W/M kit was octane booster/detonation suppressant and coolant as I am going to not have a intercooler, it's going on a bike and the tank is only 17litres so if I was to make the tank 2or3 litres? What do you think?

Is there another way of using the w/m kit?

4. Jeremy

Capcity is up to you and what you can fit, obviously a smaller tank will need filled more often.

Some spray 100% water on a small nozzle for detonation suppresion. Some run 100% meth for cooling and more fuel. Other do mixes based on thier needs. Some just run windshield washer fluid and never think about it again.

5. pavementpounder

I use the windshield washer reservoir for it with a 50/50 water/methanol that sprays at 5 psi boost trough 1 nozle.
    The amount of used fluid is ver very low.
    With 1 liter you can go really far.

6. Captcroft

Thanks guys.