1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

water/meth best nozzle location on my setup

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by 83BlueCoupe, Sep 1, 2017.

1. 83BlueCoupe

Hi guys where should I place the nozzle here?

I marked three possible locations in the pic, no. 1 compressor outlet, no. 2 carb hat inlet, no. 3 opposite end of carb hat with the water meth spraying against the direction of the incoming air.

Single #625 nozzle, 8-10lbs on pump gas.

My concern with position 1 and 2 would be that most prolly the bov will dispense the water/meth mixture all over the intake manifold

Chris

[​IMG]#ad

2. ocshaman

I would probably go with next to the wingnut. I don't know if 3 will have enough flow/power to get "across" the incoming air.

3. 83BlueCoupe

It would spray right down the carb neck this way, for sure a good thing. However putting the nozzle on top of the carb hat will cause hood clearance issues...

Did anyone put the nozzle before the bov?

Also I have the vent tube extensions, will water/meth accumulate in the float bowls if injected upstream of the vent tubes?

This is my first blow through build. Any input is highly appreciated!

4. ocshaman

As I have always been EFI with boost, I can't help with the carb info. But is there enough space between hat and carb to put nozzles on each side, meaning 90 degrees away from the #3 position both ways?

5. 83BlueCoupe

This might be possible and actually a good idea. I also had my doubts about pos. #3 spraying against the incoming air.

I'd prefer the nozzle in the compressor outlet as that would give the w/m the most time to cool down the intake charge.

Any blow through guys here who did it this way?

6. 83BlueCoupe

Btw this is a homemade setup with shurflo #8000-543-238 pump and a Snow Performance nozzle. Check valve with 15psi cracking pressure installed right before the nozzle, braided lines and AN fittings to avoid any leaks . Plan on running a 50:50 mix

7. A Weaver

I was looking at your old post on the water/meth setup . i'm running about the same amount of boost. I was just wondering how this turned out. I'M also running blow thru . someone told me if your running 10 lbs or less you didnt need to run a bov.

8. B E N

BOV is always "optional", its there to protect the turbo from the pressure surge. Also always a good idea, plus they sound cool.

9. A Weaver

It seemed to blow off way to often . with a 5 speed it seemed like just before you let off to shift it would blow off. it didn't seem normal to me . if it only blew off when i lifted in gear i wouldn't have a problem with it.

10. B E N

Did you try tuning or shimming the spring?

11. A Weaver

i shimmed the spring as tight as i could . i didn't know what else i could do to change it.

12. B E N

It depends on the gate brand, some come with an assortment of springs or have a spring package you can buy, some have adjustment screws, some might have nothing.

13. A Weaver

yep. mine has nothing .