1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Wastegate vacuum line routing

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by vossperformance, May 30, 2006.

1. vossperformance

If someone can post or send me a diagram on running the vac lines off the wastegate please. Make sure to include what side of the TB they need to be on. Also as far as a boost controller. Do they bleed off pressure to make more boost? Would the wastegate spring pressure be lowest boost. i think I understand it all but just want to make sure.

2. 86lxnotch

im also in the same boat as i got a ebay one with no instructions. i have the side port which i know is boost referenced then i also have a port on the top towrd the outside and what looks like a bolthole in the center of the top and im tryin to figure it out as well

3. CW25

Before the throttle body to the bottom port of the wategate. Unscrew the wastegate for lowest boost for most wastegates.

4. vossperformance

so the wastegate stays closed at idel? or does the top have a line that runs to the motor side of the TB to pickup vacuum.

5. Ackbar00

Yes, the wastegate stays closed at idel. Hook up the side port to any vacumm line. Just "T" it in if neccessary. The top port is if you get an electronic Boost controller. If you dont have one, leave it alone.

6. vossperformance

Thanks for the replys, I am use to the way the bypass valves have worked on blower setups in the past.

Has anyone had any luck with the cheaper TIAL style wastegates found on ebay?

7. Invertmast

I just bought a used one from a local guy here in town. I haven't gotten it put on my car yet, but i'll let ya know how it works.

8. vossperformance

Please do. Those things are simply made. The only difference may be the material it is made out of. Good SS valves and seats. That alone would drive the cost up. Let me know how it does.