1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

single muffler ideas

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by 89blk50, Nov 18, 2007.

1. 89blk50

I have a new setup, I am doing. I am planning on just using a single 3 inch system. Just come off down pipe and go straight back with it.

Any suggestions on the muffler to use?

Thanks,
    John

2. 86lxnotch

one of the round magnaflow's. mine is a 3.5'' and sounds awesome. cant wait too hear it again with the new heads on there. its been soo damn long

3. 55Belair

4. vader_turbo

I would say search but this is an easy one! Dynomax bullets or ultraflows. :2thumbs: NO CHAMBERS, louvers are no good but perforated are cool strait through ftw.

5. mustang-junky

When I first installed my HP kit I just ran a 3 1/2" pipe back with a 3 1/2" bullet and then a 3 1/2" dynomax round ultraflow and a turn down in front of the axle. It sounded great idling but was just too loud. I had to put in ear plugs to drive at highway speeds. It actually seemed louder in the car(hatchback) than outside the car. So my point is you might want to consider using a tailpipe(or two). For the muffler I would go with the Dynomax welded ultraflow or a Magnaflow. There are others but you can expect to pay more.

Jess

6. 89blk50

thanks, for the input.

7. SC96COBRA

I've got a single 3 Dynomax Ultra flow, I think it was the one that is 21 inch in lenth. I ordered it off of summit racing. It's not loud at all.