1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

wastegate selection on a 461 s475

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by joes69, Oct 29, 2013.

1. joes69

Im just getting ready to buy a s475 for my mild 461.I can give a description and if you have any recommendations I would appreciate it.
    Mild 461 cubic inch bbc eagle crank,rods and ovalport heads.Im hoping for 700-800hp at crankshaft.Im buying a s475 from a vendor on this site and im going to use 2.5 crossoverpiping.My question is since its a split t6 flange do I use 2 wastgates or 1.And what would your recommondation be as far as size of either 1 wastegate or if 2 what size for 2...The split flange in the s475 has me alittle confused..thanks for any opinions...

2. ricer

i would use two in the 40's range (depending on which company you use)

3. Jeff88coupe

I run 2 precision 46mm w/g on my 347 with a BW S476. 2 w/g will give you better boost control on a larger c.i size motor like yours and help try to control back pressure some at WOT.

4. turboplymouth

That's called a tangential housing. You don't need 2 wastegates because of it. That's not to say you can't use (or don't need) two...