1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Critique my combo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Bbcpoweredz28, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Bbcpoweredz28

I'm panning on building a 511" BBC after I get married in june. Will likely start the build at the end of the year but want to hit the track before the. So here's my temporary combo:

454 BBC
    8.5:1 forged
    Stock bottom end
    Stock top end for now
    I have access to a Garrett t6 T18A90 turbo 91.5 compressor inducer/108.5 exducer on turbine side (didn't get a inducer measurement) 1.32 AR
    Will be A/W setup
    Off the shelf solid roller
    Team G intake
    Holley 850 blow thru self modded

Mainly just wan to get it up and running with the hot and cold sides plumbed with fuel system set up that way when the 511 is together I can drop it in with the 106mm and tune it.

If I can find a deal on some good heads I'll swap those on as they can be reused.

Any guesstimates on power/spool anything is appreciated. Car weighs about 3175. Th400 with brake and 3.50 gearset.

Thanks

2. TDmkr496

I have a 70 Chevelle with a 496, PT-101, CSU 850, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. Your combo sounds good to me so far.

3. Bbcpoweredz28

Ok thanks. It seems like the 91.5mm might have been sold our from under me. What kindnof power can twin t72/76s support?