1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

wastegate design with on3 crossover .

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by Adoogie3, May 20, 2013.

1. Adoogie3

I am seeing lots of boost spikes with my 44mm waste gate especially in 3rd gear so I opted to get a turbo smart 60mm I found on the summit scratch and dent rack for 300.00.
    Now comes the issue. Where to mount it?
    I've had guy post in this thread saying just mount it on the crossover tube but I believe this might lean the driver bank out more than the passenger side. Here's the link to the other thread I initially started.
    https://www.theturboforums.com/threads/368552-Boost-creep-not-controllable

Im looking at all aspects of flow. Will it affect the driver side bank more or will I just benefit more bleed off if I somehow mount it on the merge if all possible. Im just worried about leaning conditions .I got a pretty penny in this engine and im not wanting any quirks.

2. jridenour31

Only about 15 years late to the thread but what you're talking about won't make one bank leaner than the other. Wastegating one bank doesn't mean one bank is seeing more or less fuel than the other.