1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Wastegate and tune questions: Megasquirt 351w Mustang

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Box 2, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Box 2

Hi haven't been here in awhile. Having some problems with the wastegate staying closed at higher rpms 2nd and 3rd under half and full throttle)

Here are the tables and last data log.

Seeing about 9-10 psi

Couple concerns:

1. 1st holds boost 5-6 but gears 2-4 will loose boost seems like the v60 tial wastegate opens. Does anyone know why this is happening? (my boost reference is hooked up to the gate and turbo, 8-9lb spring and the wastegate top is capped where the ebc would connect)

2. Also when I let off the AFR runs lean 22.(car is coasting) is this okay or should i pull timing/add fuel at the lower kpas?

Any tips on fixing the fuel and timing tables? Thanks guys

2. Box 2

3. KEVINS

How are you controlling the boost, via the WG spring only?

ks

4. 5.0thunder

send a pic of that gate so we can see the hose routing. you shouldn't have a cap on the top port or else the gate can't move correctly.

5. Box 2

Update: I took the cap off seems like the wastegate is holding now. It was too late to log, will do that and update what I see. Thanks.

Any advice on the tune/afr/timing? Thanks

6. MaverickDan

Your AFR is going full lean because over run fuel cut is on. It shuts of the injectors while coasting to help with fuel economy and with the crappy brakes in my truck it helps slow me down. You can turn it off under extended.

7. 5.0thunder

Couldn't say much on the tune. Every engine is diff, you just have to see what makes the most power/torque without detonation.