1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

waste gate placement???

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by bentvalve, Dec 5, 2005.

1. bentvalve

i was just talking to a vendor and was asking about boost controllers(i have msbc-1)..i was told that it is good when it works,but it has its problems..i went on to ask about waste gate placement.i have (2) 1 at merge and (1) on side of cross over..what he suggested it put (1)wg on cold side on leave the other where it is,then told me to get manual controllers for boost controll.(i guess less headache no electronics to fail)what do the turbo gods like??remember this will be over 1000hp when done maybe around 1200.let em know what you think...don russell

2. bentvalve

come on i know there is someone out there that knows....help!! don

3. getusummm

1) Search
    2) Engine info would be very helpful
    And this is coming from a NOOB, LOL

4. bentvalve

i have read much about boost controllers and all of this i simply asked for an opion.thanks
    :bang:

5. chris406

I think that with "only" 1200hp,(I can't believe I said that, lol) Just one large wastegate in the merge area would be enough. If you already have two then I guess it would work better.

6. fastwhite86gt

i have mine at the end of the crossover right before the merge. Will i have problems with this? i am using a manual boost controller(air pressure regulator)

7. bentvalve

that is what was suggested to me,but im talking to brian at b@g cause he is going to make a new set up for me. i should have went somewhere else from the get go.it just did not seem like the guy that was doing my work did not know what the hell he was doing.boy i wish i would have known that a year ago before i got screwed...don

8. Disney Lincoln

9. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

LOL I hope he ain't talking about me lol.
    One wg and one bov. But if you have two and they are already installed leave em.

10. bentvalve

no, i got a rebuild kit for my injectors and was asking about my set up and i was told that when you have one wg on the cold side(when manually controlling)it is more acurate that elec boost controller.but no one has any opions about that..don

11. SlowJoe

I think you have the bov and wg mixed up. You don't well actually you can use a wg on the cold side but I think you better rephrase your question.