1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I need help identifying this holset turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Cory Champeau, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Cory Champeau

IMG_1587.JPG #ad
    IMG_1588.JPG #ad
    IMG_1589.JPG #ad
    IMG_1590.JPG #ad
    IMG_1591.JPG #ad
    When I enter any of these part/customer numbers at the holset website nothing comes up. Can anyone help me identify this turbo????!!!

2. Mnlx

H1C common on many Cummins. The best way to know more is to pull the housings, and measure the wheels, it'll give you a good idea of what potential it has, but they're typically sub 60mm compressors, and close to a p trim Garrett turbine wheel.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  3. Cory Champeau

I have a few of these, my old man used to be a diesel mechanic on bread trucks. I have a pontiac 326 i was thinking of throwing one or two of these on. Would these turbos work for something like that or on an ls? What could I expect to gain hp wise with one?

4. Mnlx

On the 326 one may be a bit small, but usable, two is too much turbo for a stock 326 imo. Two on a ls may work, but the turbine housings are typically large a/r wise, so there again probably not the best fit.

5. Cory Champeau

How many # of boost can I expect to make on that one small turbo? What can I expect in hp gains, rough estimate?

6. Mnlx

It'll make plenty of boost on the 326, but with a small turbo, at some point more boost doesn't make any more hp, and is just hard on parts. How much it will support on your engine is tough to say. If you know how much your 326 makes na, and look at a compressor map for the h1c it'll give you a good idea of where you're at. Theoretically at ~15psi you can double your hp, but I doubt you'll do that on your 326 unless it's anemic in na form. If the 326 makes less than say 200hp na then it's probably not a real bad fit, and it'll work much better than if it makes 225-250 na.

7. Cory Champeau

Thanks for the advice

8. Drac0nic

The turbine is probably pretty decently sized for a 326, but if it's big they make a few other housing sizes too. There were a few variants of the Cummins turbo made, and you may find that you have some because it was done by year on the Dodges anyways. A stockish to mild cam 326 should work out well. Something else worth keeping in mind is you can buy an H1E compressor and housing and they'll bolt on to make a hybrid; A diesel performance place probably sells them.