1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Warranty void; FOD in Turbo BMW x1 2012

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by MickFluet, Apr 10, 2017.

1. MickFluet

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    Hey guys I'll go straight to the point

I have an extended warranty here in Canada with PPP auto. It covers : Turbo, Case, Internal parts, Turbocharger valves, Electronic control and detector, Intercooler

They will not honor the warranty of my damaged turbo since they say it's a foreign object who did the damage and thus it isn't a warranty case.

I want to know if this kind of damage could have been done by something else than a FO in the turbo.

My guess is they just don't want to pay and take the easy narrative. They have to be 100% sure and they aren't. They even said it could be some ice since I live up north a little (yeah right same temperature as Montreal.)

Hope you turbo gurus can help me on this one since a turbo replacement is like 2-3000 I guess..

Thanks for your time and have a great day

[​IMG]#ad

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=173446Sanstitre.png

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Looks chewed up by something to me. Whether that's something external that came in, or part of it broke off and flew around, I can't tell.

MickFluet likes this.
  3. MickFluet

TY Ken.

It seems too easy for me that they can just say that a FO object did the damage and void the warranty. They are not even sure what did it..

Also is it safe to drive with a turbo in that condition? I made 700km+ to bring the car to the dealer with no problems.. +2-3 months AT LEAST of city driving in -30c weather..

bridal-shoal