1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Warning to other companies

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Control Freak, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Control Freak

6/29/2010 Brain Dorr from Gear Head Performance in Clearwater , Florida ordered a replacement AMS-1000 for one of his customers whos unit was damaged in his car. I gave him a total and he paid by company credit card. Gave me all the info related to the card, name, etc, cvc code. They issued me a po as well which I have on the invoice. I ran the card and it was approved and sent the unit delivery conformation required and a sig required by UPS. It was delivered on on 7/06/2010 and signed by Leonard at the front desk. The same day it was signed for they did a chargeback claiming it was fradulent activity. I called the owner of the company to talk to him about the chargeback and he said he doesnt know anythign about it and he doesnt handle any of that. I left a message for the accountant and asked for a return phone call with an explanation why they did the chargeback on the same day they received it. If they didnt want it send the unit back.***** Never heard back from anyone and they will not return our calls.

Well after numerous attemts to get my product back or my money back its been useless so I figured Id let as many companies know about this . Very unprofessional in my opinion. The person who ordered it is the general manager and he still works there. They basically stole the unit from me. Ive been thru all aspects of trying to get the charge back reversed with no luck. Ive got receipts, po, delivery confirmation and all. Just bullshit!

This is just my experience with this company and hope you stay clear.

Gearhead Performance
    Brain Dorr/ Ed Borman
    General Manager/ Owner
    727-531-3551

2. 10secgoal

3. Drlee50

as hole. total ass hole.

4. 10secgoal

Have you tried telling your bank about it? See if they can get it back for you with the proof you have ?

5. PrecisionTurboMustang

Chargebacks are nearly impossible to win, I had so many problems last year with customers it was getting out of control. If you don't have a signed credit card reciept at the very least don't expect to win a dispute. It seems to me that credit card companies are really leaving us vendors out to dry and its total bullshit. Best thing you can do is exactly what you are doing. Send them a certefied letter with payment demand and record all communication attempts. After 30 days file a law suit. we usually get payment right away about 50% of the time once they are served.

6. speedy6963

I agree, file law suit

7. Control Freak

will cost me 500 to file by teh time its all said and done. Be aware .... if you do business over the phone with any credit card you are at risk..no win .

8. HAULIN IT

Several companies that I regularly did "phone transactions" with have told me lately..."Sorry we are no longer taking cards over the phone, just too many problems." Also a couple have stated faxing a form that has to be filled out, signed & faxed back before shipment, basicly it says: "By signing this...you agree to...The End." ;) I've had a couple on the merchant side that went funny also & it's really tough to get co-operation. Lorne

9. Control Freak

direct from visa rep....even with a signed authorization form, the transaction can still be disputed without the printed copy out of the machine signed by the card owner.

10. ziptie007

Thanx for the heads up. I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago with a kit. It was Florida also. I had all my paperwork, tracking numbers, etc... I still lost with discover. Then to come to find out later it was orebody theft and did I get my money back. Nope. The one thing I did learn about dealing with him was he wanted the kit like yesterday and he was very particular about wanting the tracking numbers. Sucks man.

11. Kerrdogg

I had heard some rumors about Gear Head a while ago, we don't do business with them but I heard from a Rep not to give them terms.

We tend to live by the old adage if it sounds too good to be true it usually is just that. We received a call for 5000 feet of Vac hose shipped to South America, had to use a CC and it had to be run by X because of an upcoming meeting, shiping was almost $4000, not a problem, charge the card and do it fast, we didn't and never heard back a peep about it. Guy / Company was based in PA.

12. 10secgoal

I've been thinking about it lately, with what I will have to charge for the new kit. Should I fax and have them sign, and fax back ? Quite the pain in the ass and I don't know if it cost me customers. But I'll damned if I got fucked for 8k. I would make a trip for that. But I mean if if a signature isn't good enough,..... registered maybe ?

13. Wanderer

Scanned copy of the driver's license, signature on the invoice, and... That's about all I can think of. But yeah for $8k, it's insurance on your end. Maybe have them mail the info back registered mail so there's a paper trail. Large pain the ass, but it's too easy for people to claim it wasn't them that made the purchase.

14. Centrifuge

This really sucks, i can say that i sold a set of headers to a guy and he paid thru pay pal, and after he had them for a while and dented them, he said he wanted to return them. Paypal issued his money back and he never sent the headers back..... I got screwed out of the money and the headers. These companies are all about buyer protection and end up screwing the seller... unfortunatly many people just are not honest.

bridal-shoal