1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

airesearch tv 8102 turbo ?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by onenastytbird, Oct 17, 2010.

1. onenastytbird

well i was wondering if this turbo would be to big for my 351w in my bird.
    turbo measures 77.2mm comp 97.2mm exhaust t-6
    i have a 94 351w stock shortblock ,edelbrock heads, f-cam
    any suggestions or help would be awesome
    thx

2. Gen1SVE

I think it is a little much for a stock block 351. I am running a 93mm turbine (gt47-88) on my 351, e-303 cam, edelbrock heads, limit rpm to 5950. Im guessing that the tv-8102 will spool slower than the gt47-88. What are your goals for the car? If you are running the 70mm gt45 that is in your sig now...there will be a night and day difference with spool. I am guessing atleast 1k slower spool with the tv-8102.

3. onenastytbird

This is going to be mainly a strip monster with some street.I'm looking for around 600 horse or so.
    I was also wondering if someone makes a smaller exhaust housing and a smaller exhaust wheel for this turbo.
    Or do u think i should try to get something a little smaller than this tv 8201?
    And as far as the gt45 i no longer have that turbo.
    thx

4. Gen1SVE

If it is a strip monster give that turbo a try. If that does not work a box stock s400 75mm comp ind with the 96mm turbine and 1.32 will work great and it can be had cheap.