1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MP T-70 oil feed and drain!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by stroker351, Dec 23, 2006.

1. stroker351

Hey fellas have a question for you guys!!! Which hole is the drain and which one is the supply? One is kinda square shaped and one is almost a circle!!! I was just putting some stuff together today and kinda got stuck on that!!! Also I am guessing you want to have the supply and the drain straight up and down level right??? Is there any company out there that sells a kit for both supply and drain oil??? I already have the pan tapped and plugged from my old novi!!!!Thanks for any suggestions!!!

John

2. 90WHTGT

John I got my drain and feed from RPS. Turbo should be here the 28th. I take it you got the hotside and everything in? I imagine the drain would be the bigger of the two---probably the round. Im sure someone can answer before I get home and can look at my flanges. The MP T70 takes a vband at the DP right?

3. stroker351

Yeah got it on now!!! Let me know when you get yours I had to trim one place on the frame rail right between the sway bar mount!!! To clear the flange and also to be able to put the nut on!!! How much did you pay for your kit from RPS? Thats what I was thinking too ( the bigger one being the drain) And yes the downpipe is a v-band!!! The High temp copper RTV was really easy and not as messy as people say!! Just put some around the ports on the heads and the headers and wait 20to30 mins and bolt them on!!! Easier than I thought!!!! But yeah I need to find out which is which on the oil feed and drain for tommorow!!!

Oh yeah the vented wastegate is down below the frame rail I thought it would be up by the turbo like on the bg standard kits that get dumped into the downpipe!!! I think I will leave mine open for a while!!! :2thumbs:

Thanks

John

4. twinturbo351

Another vote for RPS.
    The drain is ther bigger of the two holes , i believe mine is a square shaped hole on my MP T-70.
    I just odered my oil feed/drain kit from RPS , it was like 69 bux.
    Give him a call , he helped me out with all my questions and figured out all my fittings with me.

5. stroker351

Thanks bud I will do that!!! I allready need to call RPS!!! Thats what I was thinking but wasnt 100% sure!!!

Thanks

John

6. Newt-Rod

yeah call the boys at rps. They will hook you up.

7. 90WHTGT

John I allready have the hotside in and pretty much everything in place. Just waiting for the turbo so I can build my coldside.

Good news is I just got an awesome position at work. Going to K9 academy!! :chacha:

Bad news is I leave for three months on Jan. 9th.

I imagine at best Ill make it around the block once or twice before I park it and leave :'(

8. PONTIAC SLEEPER

9. 90WHTGT

No. He got a Master Power T70. They are a brand name turbo---but one of the cheaper ones. I dont think too many people are having much luck with $200 turbos off of Ebay.......but I may be wrong.

I specifically remember someone saying they had a problem with a turbo with "turbocharger" stamped on the plate with the serial number. You can see it in the pic you linked if you look close.

10. PONTIAC SLEEPER

ok do you know were can I buy the Master Power brand unit from???

11. stroker351

No I dont have that turbo!! VsRacing is a sponsor on here that's where I got mine (MP T-70)!!! I quess no one knows about the oil drain and feed huh??LOL
    which one is the drain and supply???

12. stroker351

Nobody knows??? :huh:

13. 90WHTGT

John someone on here posted it is the square hole. Should be the bigger one. I also saw the same info on an entirely different thread last night. Does the round hole have threads in it? One thread said the drain is the square hole, and the round hole with threads in it is the feed.

14. RobR

Hey John ! The small hole that is tapped out for a 1/8 npt fitting is your oil feed and bigger and more so square port is your drain ..... Hope this helps ! Later Rob.R

Here's a pic for you .......

Picture 201.jpg #ad

15. stroker351

Sweet man thanks that helps a bunch!!! I was clocking the turbo and needed to know to do this the right way!!!

Thanks

John

16. notched306

i had my oil feed line made for 35 bux and my drain for free :2thumbs: just make sure your drain is going strait down as possible

17. twinturbo351

Yeah 4th post i already told you about the square hole being the drain.
    The feed is the smaller threaded hole.

18. stroker351

Thanks for clearing that up for me!!! :2thumbs:

Thanks

John

19. slow1990gt

When you order for the Feed line.. How many Inches is everyone getting> From RPS they have 24,36 etc etc... I dont want it to long or to short... So whats the best size..

20. 90WHTGT

36 on the feed--I tapped my aluminum oil sending adapter. I believe the drain is 24. I ordered so much stuff from RPS that I forgot to go over the sizes--he knew what kind of system I was running so he just sent what I needed.