1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Walbro 255 hp +Holley Blue pump?

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by 83BlueCoupe, Aug 13, 2018.

1. 83BlueCoupe

Well I finally got my blow through setup working and I'm off to the strip the day after tomorrow. Did a couple 2nd and 3rd gear pulls on the street today, see log attached.

Looks ok except for it always seems to go a bit lean just before redline. Carb has vent tube extensions and the setup feels great on the street so far.

I'm using one Walbro GSL392 hp pump, Aeromotive Universal Bypass Regulator 13301 set at 4.5psi with no boost.

The engine made about 400hp n/a and boost goes up to ~8.5psi (Novi 2k).

Might be just on the edge with this pump...carb needle & seat .110

Like I said I wanna go to the drags the day after tomorrow, so if I order a bigger pump it will not arrive in time.

I still have the blue Holley pump from my old Nitrous setup installed in the car. What if I just tee the outlets of the two pumps together? I don't have the flow diagram for the Holley pump handy, but not sure if flow will drop to the floor at 13psi and it won't be of any help?

Chris

afr log 3rd grear pull.png #ad

2. 91turboterror

I would wait and get a larger pump instead of being in a rush and burning up an engine

3. ss496

^X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

450 LPH walbro works awesome and is reasonably priced.

The holley blue pump deadheads somewhere around 15 PSI if I remember correctly.....not good for blow through.

Larger N/S is a good idea for any blowthrough......bo laws has some viton tipped 0.150" units if you look hard enough

4. tbird

gsl392 is good for 600-700 crank on blowthru at 25 psi

5. ss496

^I agree.........mine (255 lph walbro) give up at about 400 hp.......but it was on E85.....then I turn on the second pump.

One of my set ups was thrown together before the 380 LPH AEM or Walbro 450 LPH pumps were available.

6. BlownShovel

Agree with the posts above ~ the blue would prob do more damage than good (cannot supply enough fuel) Walbro options aren't terribly expensive a pair of 255 or step up to one 450 and call it good