1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

4.6 4v help

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Fastimz, May 18, 2020.

1. Fastimz

I have a 05 4v 4.6. Im going to be putting it in a 1971 Bronco (limited space) I'm thinking of putting a single or possible twin turbo on the combo. Im trying to flip the headers and on there driver's side, the water/ thermostat/ oil filter housing are in the way for anything to work. Are the mustang thermostats housings not hard into the block? New to turbos, other than powerstroke, any help would be greatly appreciated. Also add that im going to be using a blow thru carburetor.

2. B E N

Fords are terrible about being able to reverse the manifolds. The 3v of that year used a separate neck and crossover, is this a Navigator 4v? You might end up building a log or using a U bend to bring the exhaust forward. Do the stock manifolds give you some room at the frame rails?

3. Fastimz

Thos is from a 2005 Aviator. The manifolds will clear the rails but don't think i will have enough room to use a U- bend due to the closeness of the firewall.

4. saltfever

Any update on this? Pics? How did you resolve the issue? Many THANKS.

5. Dave R

I use an MMR filter relocation setup. Look at their stuff. You can run AN coolant lines and relocate the filter too.