1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Vortech T-Trim Setup Questions

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by aCiD, Jan 29, 2010.

1. aCiD

Yea yea, it's a turbo site, what's a centrifical anyways; a belt driven turbo :p

I've had trouble finding good answers to my questions, so I was told to come here, and it certainly looks like you guys know what's what with serious FI.

First, here's the setup being built:
    99GT with a DSS SuperMod, Comp XE270AH cams, TKO600 and other toys.
    V1 T-Trim
    Blow through a 95mm MAF
    Intercooled
    14-16lb Reichard Pulley
    Stock Vortech bypass valve
    Knock detection: http://www.viatrack.ca/

Now here's some of my questions (I'm sure I have lots more than I can remember right now, but I'll add them later)

1) Where should the MAF be located for optimal performance in the blow through configuration?
    2) What are the best routing options for the piping? Pics would be useful!
    2.1) Where do I run all the PCV and IAC hoses? Still off the power pipe? Cause that air won't be metered yet... (at least for IAC purposes)
    3) How do I setup the bypass valve in a blow through config? Where should it go, and be connected up?
    4) Where will I hit the limitations of this bypass?
    5) Where is the optimal spot for the knock sensor using that Bosch linked to above? Probably too small a center to bolt to the center of the valley hole, so if it's on the rear of the head, where on the head is the best bolt hole to use?

Thanks guys, I'll likely have a million follow up question!

2. aCiD

Ok, what did I do wrong to get completely ignored? Is there some kind of unspoken Vortech hate here I'm not aware of?

3. Getblown

To get these questions answered you should repost them the modular page, or fi page. Everyone is here to help, but you got to ask in the right place. Also try that nice green button at the top of the page.

4. gotageta5oh

+1 Sometimes it is just asking in the correct location. I don't have much experience with Vortech so I can't help much.

5. aCiD

k thanks, wasn't sure what was the appropriate spot.

6. aCiD

This thread can be deleted. Recreated already.

7. gotageta5oh

I think I will leave it here. Perhaps somebody that can help you a little more will see this.

The only setups I have been around did not have a blow-thru MAF. So I would have to give advice that may not help you with your setup.