1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Vortech BTM

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by mediumred91lx, May 3, 2005.

1. mediumred91lx

You guys prolly get this question alot, so scorn me if you deem it neccessary:D But does anybody know if i can use a vortech btm with an msd 6al box? or will this replace it since its made to work with a stock ignition?

2. Snipe656

Pretty certain that you can, I seem to recall running one with a 6A many moons ago. Most now days would question if you would really need a BTM though.

3. mediumred91lx

Why wouldn't you need one? just curious..

4. Snipe656

I am not really sure what the thinking behind it is anymore.

5. Zoah

It had a dial you can twist. We all need another thing to mess with in these cars. :D

Thinking about BTM's now I kind of chuckle in thinking what the point of them was also. I'm not sure who it was developed for, but it definately seems like it was a blower designed setup.

MediumRed91LX - honestly I think you'd be best off setting the timing correctly for the fuel you're using and go from there. Whether it's spout out locked, or a low intial timing with the spout in. You might lose a little downlow power, but I think it's better to eliminate another thing from your car that could die, flake out, or stop functioning how you want it to. Really just another thing less to trouble shoot.

6. mediumred91lx

Cool, thanks for the help guys.