1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Authorized Advertiser MMR/Manley Forged Pistons - Worlds fastest & strongest modular pistons! SALE!

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Mod Mustang Racing, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Stzang

Are these still on sale?

2. Stzang

I received them yesterday! Thank you!

3. yoteehunter

I called in for these. I asked for a 3.700" bore size/3.75 stroke crank w/5.850 rod and the price went up over the phone 100.00 but this add says all bore sizes no extra charge and mentions stability in stroker applications. Then I asked for valve reliefs and the price went up the 150.00 which I didn't mind paying for. I then asked for a price on a 3.75" crank and was quoted 1499.00. I asked if they could apply a turbo mustangs discount and was told both were specialty components and because of high demand no discount was available. Honestly this pissed me off. I realize that kellogg stopped stroker crank production and MMR is selling the last of the inventory. However Livernois does carry the same 3.750 stroke crank from another US manufacture so I'm not willing to pay 1499.00 when I can get a US forging from another supplier for 300.00 cheaper. I have purchased allot of stuff from MMR and been pleased but this was out of the ordinary. I did not get the prices listed as advertised here. I also requested a price on a rebuild with almost all supplied parts. What I was told was ridiculous and I would be happy to discuss it with an MMR manager to verify. I don't recall the salesmen's name as I hung up and immediately ordered diamond pistons from modmax and a crank from livernois. If I'm in the wrong I apologize but if what I am stating price wise was calculated incorrect by the salesmen you may want to communicate with him. I hope to continue my business I think this issue is miscommunication.

4. yoteehunter

Mark,

I'm not sure if it was shelf Manley but nothing was mentioned either way. Could you pm me a quote? I would like a quote on an iron boss block, hone, deck and assemble with heads. My heads will probably need a light surface run. No valve job needed and no cams, just bolt them on.

I have: crank, pistons, rings, rods, cylinder heads, head studs, main studs
    Need: block, machine block, balance rotating assembly(will send clutch and balancer), assemble short block, bolt on undressed heads with new gaskets, shipping to texas.

Thanks