1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Very new to this Turbo stuff, i was thinking of trying on my 440

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by TheLegend, Nov 12, 2009.

1. TheLegend

I have a mild 440, 10.5-1 , 590 solid comp cam, mild worked 915 steel heads..
    I use this as a every day cruiser and want to keep it that way but get some more power... I hate Nitrous and been driving my all Motor Only 69 Dart around but a 9 second all motor car uses way to much race gas to be fun...

so that why I bought another car for street friendly Pump Gas use......

so whats involved into going Turbo ? whats needed and whats expected?
    Thanks for any help and maybe this winter you'll see this challenger

[​IMG]#ad

with a Turbo runin' around Long Island.
    Tim

2. Anthony Fury

[​IMG]#ad

Beyond the usual turbo costs, you are probably going to need to change your cam, converter and your gears for everything to play nice. You might be able to build a few enjoyable #s of boost with that compression, or try some of those really thick Cometics.

And then do the turbo thing. Be prepared to spend 3x more time and money on the project than you initially expect.

3. CW25

I suggest reading lots on this site. With that compression it is E85 or C16 to make any boost. Cam and converter toss them out. The actual turbo, piping and accessories isn't terribly spendy. Unless you put on 4 of them. :poke: :angel: The fuel system will need a overhaul I sure. Carb needs to be gone through or replaced. Never been a fan of the iron heads myself... Kinda asking for trouble with that comp in a blown app IMO. Other than that it is just a bolt on. LOL Make sure you can fab or that stack of money will dissappear quickly. Nines in a dart not terribly hard with boost and keeping very good street maners. Just something to think about.

4. rdakota340

Going tobe a nice project put I would sell that motor and start over with another combo one for a turbo just check out some of the combos in the build section some of us poor people are running stock bottom ends good luck :2thumbs: