1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Very low budget BBC 502ho single turbo guidance needed

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by pound4pound, Nov 3, 2015.

1. pound4pound

• Hello trying to help with a budget build. this has to cover engine turbo set up and Trans What he has already is BBC 502 high output with the je piston 4340 gm I beam rods and the 502 crank He has everything to rebuild the motor with. Heads are the iron 088 heads single plane intake Turbo 400 Trans with brake Turbo headers A1000 pump Carb hat
      Cam is going to be an off the shelf summit racing 1303 cam the car is a old big tire nova that was a race car but owner wants to put it back on the street. The option We came up with for the turbo to reach the 1000rwhp goal is a Single 98mm holset hx80 Still want to race the car from time to time but want it to be able to cruise around town and make 1000 plus hp as well. Please share your ideas

keep in mind also this is a phase 1 build and the owner is spending a lot of money doing body work and buying parts to put it back on the street

do you guys think that this combo can make 1000rwhp or better with the stage one build

• [h=6]darkstar[/h]

[h=5]Nov 1 - #2[/h]

2. BlownShovel

If you can get the tune right you can reach your goal - I replied to the other thread

I ran it with my TV8101 combo and currently run the summit cheapo cam in my procharged bbc *900hp

3. Forcefed86

4. pound4pound

We already have the turbo

5. Forcefed86

Whats that thing weigh? Shaft diameter? CM housing size? The one I played with was 130lbs and had a 40cm divided housing on it. I can't imagine that would spool well at all.

6. pound4pound

She is big with the 51cm housing I'm hoping with the Ptc converter Trans brake and soft rear gear worst case I have a small nitrous plate we can use lol

also so we r going to bump the comp up to 10-1 and run water meth to help spoilt his thing

7. pound4pound

Also found out that if it won't spoil with the 51cm they offer a smaller one as well

8. Forcefed86

51cm! Jeebus man that would be like a 4.0 AR housing.

This is the formula to convert CM to AR.

((CM x 8) - 7) / 100 = a/r ratio

(51x8)-7/100 = 4.01 AR

9. pound4pound

Wow if that's the case this thing is huge .... Maybe we could block one side off and run both banks into one side of the housing