1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1987 Buick Turbo T Project

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by TDmkr496, Aug 16, 2016.

1. TDmkr496

So I just sold my LS powered 88 Mustang GT, someone made me an offer I could not refuse. I loved the car but it had a few things that I wanted to change and just decided to sell it.

I had always wanted a GN but I found this Turbo T (in 87 they were called that instead of a T-Type) a few hours from me and the price was right so I snapped it up. Interior needs some work, and one of the fenders and header panel needs to be painted but the car is rust free and very clean for its age.

Not sure what I'm going to do with it, I may just clean it, drive it for a while and sell it, or I may LS/4L80E/Turbo swap it. If that is the plan I will keep the A/C and make it a nice touring car that has good power (900ish) when I want it. I'm sure the Buick purists out there are going to hate me for this but its my car and I will build it how I see fit.

IMG_2904.JPG #ad

IMG_2900.JPG #ad

IMG_2901.JPG #ad

2. racesloth

Good on you. I have often thought of doing the same - buying an 87 Buick t-type - do with it what makes you happy....

3. flyinhillbilly

4. rdakota340

Nice start that thing looks pretty clean I love them G body's.

5. TDmkr496

Thanks! It has been sitting inside since 2000 so it is pretty dirty but it is all there.

6. TDmkr496

Looking for a pair of grey upper door panels for an 87 Regal (Turbo T) with power windows if anyone has a pair lol.

7. TurboComet

If you're not already, you should join www.maliburacing.com. Lots of good G-body information on there, and usually pretty good parts selection in the classifieds too.

8. TDmkr496

So Just to give an update I have been tinkering with the car trying to get the little issues fixed on the car. I posted in one of the Buick FB pages asking a few questions and mentioned that I had plans to LS swap the car......boy oh boy did they get butt hurrrrttttt..... Going to get the Chevelle done first then I'll tear this one apart and swapped lol.

9. BlownShovel

I say get it running driving decently - spend the time tinkering, cruising and enjoying while you get the Chevelle back together. THEN make the decision on direction. butt hurt buick owners or not - enjoy it the way you want to.

10. TDmkr496

So just to update this thread, the V6 started knocking in January. I pulled the motor to give it a quick once over and after doing a bunch of research I decided to sell all the V6 crap and move forward with the LS swap. I have been busy swapping a few other cars which has given me a chance to stock pile a bunch of parts, below is a list of what I have thus far.

2004 5.3 with 243 heads, LJMS cam, upgraded rockers, head studs, CTSV pan
    Holley Dominator EFI and 7" digital dash
    120 LB injectors
    Edelbrock Vic Jr intake and elbow, 92mm TB
    BW S200 58mm turbos
    JGS WG/BOV
    5" ATA intercooler
    4L80E with Jakes D3 brake, Circle D 258mm 3 disc, 300m input shaft
    Trick Chassis 9"

Oh and the gas tank, I'm super proud of this. I designed and machined a ring to weld into the top of the gas tank that will allow two Walbro fuel pumps to be installed.

I'll post more pics once I get this rolling. I'm still finishing up my current swap but once it is complete it is game on!!