1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1965 F100 Single T70 Turbo 302 build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by RRTEC, Aug 19, 2016.

1. RRTEC

Quick into:

Last year I bought an old beater f100 to run to and from the home improvement stores. It has a 289 and a c4 transmission. After putt putt putting around for the last year I needed a little more umph than the 289 is able to provide. I did bolt on power to the truck naturally aspirated, but coming from years of turbo RX7's, ls1 swaps, and my daily driven Porsche 911 the truck just felt like a turd. Enter a nearly free roller 302 that just made the prospect of boost feasible. I decided to build a "no budget" hauler.. Literally. I had already patina'd dropped and reshoed the truck so it already is a head turner... Just needs some go!

I am trying to keep the turbo build under $2800. So I am using cheaper components in some areas. But I'm not drag racing, or road racing so I don't see an issue. Just hauling trash, and ass around town.

Purchased Parts list so far:

stainless hot parts ( second set, first set was terrible and was sent back)
    T70 turbo (balanced)
    various fasteners/v-bands
    edelbrock performer intake
    new water pump, spark plugs, wires
    HEI and coil
    taurus e-fan
    3g alternator
    8psi wastegate

Stuff to buy:

Fitech power adder 600hp fuel injection system
    down-pipe
    boost gauge
    oil feed and drain line
    new oil pan
    muffler/exhaust
    BOV and intercooler
    some other odds and ends...

image.jpg #ad

Including the engine I am in this setup at $1200 so far. The Fitech is going to be the meat of my expense. I'm sure I will have some questions for the experts as this is my first v8 turbo build.

image.jpg #ad

2. flyinhillbilly

Sounds like a cool project. I'm interested to see if you can keep it within your budget. I turbo'd' my truck and as simple and cheap as I could do it was right at $2500, but I kept up with every red cent I spent right down to floor dry and WD-40

3. RRTEC

Yeah I hope I can stick to the budget. I would love for this to become daily driver capable which is why I decided to splurge on the FItech.

4. 1hcam

Good looking truck

5. RRTEC

Thanks!

6. 1966Mustang

Did you ever get the truck up and running?