1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Valves wtf happened to prices?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by yoteehunter, Jan 14, 2016.

1. yoteehunter

I'm looking at valve prices and they have gone up some places even double! What happened? Price on materials is dropping so why the higher prices? I also noticed that Manley sells the valves in sets of eight not 16. Doesn't make sense.

Who has the best deal on some 31mm exhaust valves for a 04 4v?

2. racerron67

my ferrea valve were 18 a piece for a sbf stainless intake valve

3. yoteehunter

Thats crazy. Last time I bought valves for my 4.6 32 valve the full set it was $300.00 for a set of manelys. The last valve set I bought was from John Kaase for my 547. I paid $12.00 each and thought it was high. I won't pay 400 bucks for valves. Forged Pistons can damn near be had for that. Looks like I'm going back to the stock valves. I will say as long as people pay the high prices they will just keep jacking them up. Screw that. The economy sucks, cost of materials is down, but yet the price goes up. I won't support that.

4. 80superbu

Material costs may have went down but the labor rate only go up

5. yoteehunter

I don't see how. I'm down here in Texas and half of us are damn unemployed. Besides labor on making valves? That's mostly machine labor don't see how it could double the price of valves.

6. yoteehunter

I haven't found anything. The last set I bought was from you guys. It was around 300 bucks at the time. At this point I would even settle for some 1mm over exhaust valves only. I have 04 Mach 1 heads.

7. yoteehunter

I was talking to my dad and he recently purchased a set of inconel exhuast valves for his 7.3. A set of 8 for 179.00 that's inline with 4.6l stainless valve prices that I have seen. That's insain.