1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cooling issues with 4” Intercooler and placement of Transmission Cooler

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 91Trunkster, Jan 7, 2018.

1. 91Trunkster

8E9E00F2-CE46-4D5A-823F-2A8687CDA8D3.jpeg #ad
    Working on mounting my intercooler and it’s definitely a tight fit, I’ve already trimmed the front bumper some, my main concern is the air deflector below the radiator, if the intercooler is sandwiched right in front of it, how much air will actually reach it on the freeway, I don’t have much room to move the intercooler anymore forward. Most room I think will be a 1 inch gap between the two and I’m being generous. Another issue is now I have nowhere to put a transmission cooler, there’s no room at all. Is a fan necessary on the trans cooler, it’s a Lentech Strip Terminator, should I get one in the radiator or no?

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  2. Disney Lincoln

That IC location looks fine. Put the air dam back in to help. You can move the trans cooler anywhere you want. Put it in the back of the car with a fan on it if you need to.