1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

v-band help VECCO KIT.... BUYER BEWARE!

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by rawdawg437, Jun 12, 2006.

1. rawdawg437

does anybody know which v-band will work with the vecco single turbo kit?
    the flanges are too thick for the clamps that i have tryed.(i know, i should of went with b&g) :bang:
    i was told they are a new hd v-band clamp. does this sound right?

thanks in advance
    pat

2. DrDirt

Re: v-band help

Same problem here. Their crossover pipe is 2.5" with a V-band flange welded on. Total thickness for both flanges is about 3/8" None of my clamps that I have will fit it and so far, I haven't been able to find anything. Anybody?

3. 94WhtLytng

I am in the same situation, does anyone know which v-bands to use? I know there are people on here that have the same kit.

4. Reef Blue Notch

TTT same problem here

5. Scott02GT

Have you tried calling them and asking? I guess this means they have never mounted their kit and tested it then ? You guys might get stuck grinding down the faces untill you get the right thickness, but then you might run into fitment problems, not to meantion they might not seal if you cannot grind them flush. You might even have to cut them off and have them turned down. You guys need to call them . Don't forget to post your experiance. I bet B&G's kit (the one they copied like fucktard thieves) fit pretty good, I would say call him and maybe he can help you out, but I would not count on it. But who knows, brian is a good guy, and might over look the fact that all of you opted to buy his kit off a pathetic knockoff ebay company.

Good luck.

6. jayson

I agree !! IF you grind the face yor looking for looking for troubble..

I was told (by them) to chamfer the edge until it fits, and IMHO thats NO better. you can still run into fittment/leakage issues. I checked the flanges with my mic and had a buddy doubble check it. we MIGHT have found a place to get the correct size clamp.The website shows it(F) as the correct size (of MY flange)but until I can contact them and order it, get it in my hand and on the flange,it means nothing lol lol. http://www.breezeclamps.com/htvb.htm#V-Insert

IF I cant get a clamp its time for new flange/clamp kits..Cut old ones off and have new correct ones welded on.BEST way to go if the clamps cant be found I guess.

I did NOT know that it was stolen from B&G or I would have ordered from Brian.. Hell B&G is a 2hour drive,I could have just picked them up. I saw the shinny headers and hit buy it now :bang: >:(.. NOT all of us knew thay were "knockoffs".. IF I did I would have went to the "source". Hell B&G would have been CHEAPER due to the current sale it makes them the same price...and now the addition of having to put money into them to even be "mocked up". :bah:

7. holdmeback

just grind a little off of the edge, so its not square and it will work just fine,just dont grind the side that mates together.

8. Reef Blue Notch

Ok well, I had called and emailed the company a few times with them saying I have to grind down the flanges on the radius side. First off its S/S which isnt easy to grind and secondly theres no way to make the grind job perfect. So I went and called clamp-co to see if I could have them make some clamps up. Well the guy said it could be done but its going to cost me almost 3,000 bucks for two clamps!! Thats because they would have to make new tooling and exc. So looks like these kits are made with some generic v-bands which we will not find clamps for anywere. Only fix it to cut them off and weld on new ones. :bang:

9. Scott02GT

I hope all you guy whoa re thinking of buying one of thier cheap ass bullshit kits are reading this, you get what you pay for, if you woudl have got the kit form Brian...the buy who orginially degined the kit, you would have been sure to get whit that fits, and if it didn;t, then he would make it better. Just check out Tonys thread, he had a fitment problem due to his heads, and did brian just tel him to cut or grind NOPE he is making hima new set of headers. I would liek to see one customer from Vecco experiance the same customer service. Bottom line, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR

10. jayson

I found the clamps but thay were $80 each lmao.

I figured I would try grinding them down before having them cut and welded. I mean whats the worst I could do?? screw up the flange?? lmao.. but I got lucky my 63 yr old neighbor id going to hook me up. he works (50+yrs) grinding/cutting/welding nuclear reactor parts..

Scott please tell us how you really feel... lol lol

11. Scott02GT

Good luck getting them to fit, the best this to do wold be to take them down with a milling machine, if your off, you wight get them to seal, but you also might load op one side more than the other, casueing cracks in the welds later. let us know how you make out, and sorry for venting, it just makes me angry when I see people getting the shit end of the stick.

12. BOSs5.0

Is there anyway this can become an announcement of some sort..

I know there are guys here that would buy the Vecco even though they stole the design, but I doubt they would buy it knowing the v-bands were all fucked up.

13. Scott02GT

I stuck this at the top and changed the title so poeple thinkig of buying thier kit will see it and know for sure what they are getting themselves into.

14. franktf

I ground mine to make the standard v-band clamps work. I do not have the car running yet, we will see how well it works. Worse thing that could happen if they leak is I'll have to cut the flanges off and weld the Dynatech ones on.

I also had an issue with the way the wastegate fit. I bought the Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate that they said they were designed for and I had to make a .200 thick stainless shim to go under the wastegate so it would line up with the tube on the down pipe.

15. Reef Blue Notch

I just finished cutting mine off and re-welding new v-bands on. It worked and fit fine. Just sucks that I had to pay an extra 100 bucks to make there product work.

16. slither

Just to clarify, if you use there entire clamp kit(v-band clamp and 2 flanges) it will work? If trying to use a diff brand clamp, its a no-go.?

17. jayson

I know what ya mean !! the end of the stick I got does smell alot like poo-poo !! LMFAO
    but Im sort of stuck with what I have now, what do you think would be the BEST bet for me?? I work at a machine shop (CNC dept) but can have the drill/tap/mill dept do what needs done. I just have to tell them exactly what to do. lol lol thay can mill them or chamfer them but if chanfered I perfer my neighbor to do it.lol lol seriously he does reactor parts and SWEARS he can make it to exact specs of a dynatech clamp.He is really that good, there is NO spec in reactor parts either its EXACT or its scrap lol He is not even allowed out of the U.S. cuz of whaat he does/knows lol lol

you will need 2 of the "standered size"clamp and flange kits. cut old "odd sized" flanges off and weld the new ones on and use the new "standered size" clamps. Vecco does NOT sell the "odd sized" V-bands their single set up header uses and a "standerd sized" vband does NOT fit the "odd sized" flange unless its ben chanfered/modified.

18. ProsharpRacing

I just finished up the Vecco kit on my car yesterday. I run into the same problem with the crosover and the V-band clamps. So I calledTreadstone Performance and he said that you will have to round the top edges of the flanges of all 4 pieces. So I took out the grinding tool and chamferd the edges till the standard size v-band clamps would fit. Before I put it together I used the High temp copper silicone and I have no exhaust leaks. Even after I ground the edges there was still plenty metal left to clamp to. I was worried that it would leak there but it has a good seal.

19. green notch

Did you buy the turbo kit or just the hot side? If the kit how does it look and work

20. ProsharpRacing

I bought the whole kit . The only real problem that I encountered was the v-band clamps. Like I said in my earlier post I just chamfered the edges. I got it running yesterday and I had no exhaust leaks. I had to buy a few extra pieces.( downpipe gasket from Jegs.10.00 ), header bolts because the flanges are like 1/2 " thick so I went with 1" header bolts and a couple different Silcone connectors. The connectors vary from car to car depending on mass air size, throttle body size. etc. All the hot side fit great,didn't have to do any modifications . The cold side(intercooler and piping fit great with no modification there neither. The only problem that I have know is the turbo sits so close to the raditor support that I having a hard time finding a filter to run on it. see pic . This is my first kit so I really have nothing to compare it to but it still fits good. I ordered the kit on a Tuesday and recieved it on Saturday. Communication was great with Jason at Treadstone Performance with tracking numbers and all. Have nothing bad to say about the kit. Hopes this helps

DCP_0001.JPG #ad