1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Using msd magnetic pick up as cam signal with megasquirt

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Rodeheaver, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Rodeheaver

Has anyone use the magnetic pick (VR sensor) in an MSD dizzy as the cam signal with a megasquirt? This is how we do it with fast systems, but I am trying to get this to work with a megasquirt. Im finding it hard to find a good explanation in the manuel. So far I have a 36-1 crank trigger wheel with a hall sensor from DIY and im trying to get the magnetic pick up in the msd dizzy to work. In a fast set up we just break off 7 of the 8 teeth on the reluctor in the dizzy to make it work and have it following the #1 cylinder. Has anyone done this with MS? And could you tell me how to wire it up? I have an MS3X.

2. Matt Cramer