1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

using antilag system with mufflers

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 1BadV6ThirdGen, Feb 21, 2009.

1. 1BadV6ThirdGen

i know that generally its a bad idea since the extra fuel can load up in the muffler and cause an explosion in the muffler case.

but would this still be a problem with a dynomax ultraflow muffler since its a stright threw muffler?

reason i ask is u have a muffler that connects to the end of my downpipe that i remove for the track. its really a pain in the ass and id like to put a 3.5 inch ex system all the way out the rear of the car.(downpipe now ends just behind the passenger front tire)
    this way i can have a free flowing ex system for the street and track. as it stands now i have to have 2 diff tunes one for the street with the muffler and one for the track without.
    if this muffler will work with the antilag it would simplify things alot for me