1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Using A AOD Tranny With The First Gen Hellion Kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 92GreenGT, Aug 5, 2009.

1. 92GreenGT

Is this possible? I need a transmission and found a good deal on a AOD, rather have a manual but wouldn't mind trying the auto out for awhile if it will fit. I think I've read somewhere that it won't work, figured I'd better ask and be sure before I buy. Thanks!

2. Renagade306

You will want an auto anyway , ( trust me ) Not sure on the fitment. Shit call them up 505-873-4670

3. 92GreenGT

:) I guess I will need to call them, I think it's something about the crossover that's the issue(probably wastegate placement) Thanks!

4. JoshGT87

I think it just needs a different crossover. I looked into this before I got the HP kit. I called Hellion and they said just get a crossover for an automatic car, said they had em in stock.

5. 92GreenGT

I asked Hellion at the NC NMRA event and he said it should fit. I remember hearing about the crossover thing as well, bet they sell those crossovers cheap.lol