1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Whats the difference

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by boosted75, Aug 23, 2008.

1. boosted75

Whats the difference between the BG blower calibrated carb and the blow through carb?

2. jim wingo

night and day, lol
    the BG will have annular boosters, and the ref the shafts under the carb, which prob doesnt do much, and solid floats-and thats about it
    i have 2, an 850, and 750(they were free)
    just to give you an example, the 750 says it has .029 hi sp a/b's (they were .033+) you have to go thru the whole thing, correct some minor "flash" removal, clean it good-then you do all the mods that need to be done
    i just recently redid one and dyno'ed it-the 750
    rear jet extensions
    i upped the jetting to 75/90, hi spd a/b's down to .023, pvcr to .085, green pump cams front/back, .035 squirters-at 3k, it hits a lean spot, for an instant, still working on that-at 12 lbs boost, i was in a pretty steady high 11 afr range, plugs read good
    for much more boost, someone like CSU would be money well spent, in the end, not a big price diff actually
    i was in a hurry, and knew how to do some mods, due to dyno avail., i needed to do it now(and the carb was free) or i would have gotten a real blowthru carb
    not bashing BG, its just the other carbs are built to your engine, kind of like using a converter built on your engine specs, instead of a sat night spec
    ok, way to much coffee this morn

3. Injected65

In BG lingo, the "Bower" carb is for a roots blower and the "Blow Through" Carb is for just that, blow through applications. That being said, save you money and buy a carb from CSU, C&S or Carb Shop.

Chris

4. jim wingo

thats kind of the point i was trying to make, both of the ones i have are BG's blowthru's, and need a lot of work

5. allmotor65stang

:dito: took me a good year to tune that pile of shit bg carb and went thru a set of pistions..this was with a WB hooked up to.. :doh:

6. boosted75

well with that said would aanybody be interested in buying this thing so I can get a real blow through carb