1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

UPS Dropped off something very Important

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Tims86-9.80, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Tims86-9.80

Well the car is home, and when I started this upgrade project, I promised my wife I was only thinking of safety, LOL and not going faster, LOL

No really, I would suggest everyone seriously think about being as safe as possible. Look what UPS dropped off today.

They have gotten cheaper and more advanced, make sure you are willing to spend the same on safety as you are upgrades to go faster!

There is no better weekend then spending it racing with your family and going home with your family. Serious, think about it, it is a drop in the bucket.

P5121240.JPG #ad

P5121241.JPG #ad

P5121243.JPG #ad

2. furchaser

Ok. but If I'm really drunk and I'm trying to get the baby back in that thing,,,It looks really confusing. :huh:

3. slowfox

It looks col but does it come in extra fat cause I do(LIKE 6'2" AND 300)

where did you get it from?

4. My91HotRod

Perfect! Nice addition.

5. bentvalve

i love the color of the stang! don ;)

6. forced64

Very smart Tim! I have had the exact same one sitting here since spring. Now I just need to go to the track. :stupid:

7. eades5.0

Well said Tim, I couldnt agree more!!

Chris

8. Pontiac4ever

Been pricing them lately also. Probably get one over the winter for next season. Having kids around makes you think more about being as safe as possible thats for sure. The new Hans sportsman is what I've been looking at, its around $900. Mind sharing what the Hutchens runs approx.?

Let us know how you like it Tim.

Craig

9. Tims86-9.80

I put it on and in 3 min I was very comfortable. They also provide a pad to put behind the seat cover to make it receive the devise making you more comfortable again, comes with the quick releases and everything.

The Hybird by Hutchen is SFI 38.1 certified

My suggestion is this. I don't see why you should run the car again without one of these. You have more in the fuel lines then this costs. If your out of money what better thing to put on your credit card. I did not have the money at this time, hell I have a ton of money left to spend on the car. I promissed myself that I would not make a pass in my car without a head neck device. Then I thought why is that for my car only, and I ordered it. I did not want to be faced with the choice of being done with the car and out of money so I would rather have the hybrid and be out of money to finish the car. Hope that makes sense.

It took three days to get.

Let me ask this, who would be 100% intrested in getting one if I do the legg work to try and get a better price, even if only for 20 bucks better in price, with free shipping. Let me know who is intrested, I will call the speed shop I purchased from and see what we can do.

I mean 100% intrested and ready, so I don't do the leg work and end up with 2 orders.

10. wazslow

Tim, do they work with any helmet?

11. Tims86-9.80

Yes, you put the anchors in the helmet. Just mark the correct location, and drill. I have not done it yet, but will let you know how it goes. So the answer is yes, any helmet.

12. Pontiac4ever

Tim,
    I mis-quoted the Hans price....its a hair over $700 for the sportsman series with quick releases. Is the Hutchens Hybrid even in the same price range?? If so, I may be interested in one but I'd have to give it some thought. Need to order spool/axles today. :bang:

Craig

13. Tims86-9.80

735.00 with free shipping is what i paid. So yes close. Do the research there are difference is what was orginal offered by the manufactures to the new hybrid style systems. The Hybrid means it using its own straps to attach the system to your body, and the belts.

Not trying to put pressure just offering a different perspective.

14. wazslow

Gotcha, that's cool. Other than drilling into my brand new Simpson Bandit helmet...lol. I will order one over the winter, i dont think im gonna be able to swing it right now.

15. Pontiac4ever

Thanks for the info Tim. I'm going to get one sometime between now and next spring. Its looking like I may not be making any trips to the track the rest of this year anyway. If you DO end up getting enough interest and putting an order together, please let me know and I may get in on it. Need a little time to do some research anyway.

Craig

16. Tims86-9.80

No problem.

17. Injected65

Have you tried it on yet? I am curious to how it fits and what steps are needed to wear it (ie will it be mandatory for a second person be there to put it on and take it off). Also wondering if you can hook up the helmet teathers in the car (by yourself or with help).

Chris

18. Slim

Glad to see you step-up and get this Tim. It'll make you that much safer in the car.

19. Tims86-9.80

Yes, I can put it on myself, I can reach the helmet straps myself, but don't have the hooks on the helmet yet to see if I can hook it up myself. That is out of the car because the seat is not currently in my car. I feel I can develop a system to suit up with out much problem. I don't see myself running my car much without someone else being there. At the end of the track, you can pull the quick release and then have full head movement and remove your helmet. The low back is designed to aid in getting out of the car with the device still on.

20. WIKDLX

great investmet Tim, and I couldnt agree with you more.

now I really dont have to worry about watching you in my rear view mirror:)