1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

UPR billit steel CC plates and coil overs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by 89withan83, Apr 10, 2009.

1. 89withan83

I am looking at the UPR billet steel kit for my 89 lx turbo car I will be running the UPR coil over kit with 14" 175# springs and have heard that the steel plates don't hold up as well with the coilover kits and can flex or break. Is anyone familiar with this do I need the thicker billet aluminum units.

Thanks for any advice, I searched but couldn't find a clear answer most people just that they have CC plates and not the specifics.

2. svtcobra

Have always used billet aluminum units and have had no problems with them.

3. LowBoostinT76

been using the shark billet aluminum upr's no problems.

4. SHOWTIME!!

I also use the shark billet aluminum's. You can buy them off ebay for dirt cheap.

5. franktf

I used the UPR steel C/C plates on my old 88 Notch..... Drove all around on the street and at the track for about a year before I sold the car with no problems..... I do like the aluminum ones better, mostly because the look much better.....

6. dj94gt

PM SENT

7. SHOWTIME!!

Derek can definitly hook you up!

8. Turbo Terror

I am personally not a fan of the UPR caster camber plates or their k-memebers i have had issues with them. the main issues i have with their cc plate are that they bend and they have problems with the bearing in them and they eventually make noise, my last set had about 3000 miles of dd use and have started to become unbearable

9. SHOWTIME!!

hmm, thats the first ive heard of that problem. What plates are you using now?

10. dj94gt

That's a first for me as well. If you pay attention to the UPR Billet aluminum cc plates, they are the same basic design as the Steeda units.

11. Turbo Terror

I switched to the maximum plates. I have seen it more than once and the good thing about it is jeremy knows about the problem and will warranty them out