1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

upper rpms losing boost

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by musclestang89, Dec 16, 2014.

1. musclestang89

Ok . When the csr hits around 5500 its like the car is hitting a rev liminter. We are not for sure what is going on. Thought it was the shift points at first so we swap the car over to a manual vb. But its still doing it. Maybe a line is collapsing when the revs get up?

Car

2. Mnlx

Need more info... whats the combo?

3. dragvw2180

I recently upgraded a turbo for a friend that is not sized correctly and experianced a SURGE condition , went back up on the turbine cover size and problem went away. I am no guru and this probably is not your problem but ours felt like we hit a 2 step or rev limiter so I mentioned it. Mike

4. Jeremy

Need more info on the setup.

I have seen this happen though with a setup using a silicone elbow on the compressor cover inlet running to a pipe and intake filter, the elbow would collapse at a certain boost level and boom car felt like it was hitting a wall or rev limiter.

5. musclestang89

Oh sorry, its a 4.6 mustang, built motor, on3 turbo kit, 76mm , the wastegate had been changed. Went with a Tial instead of on3.