1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

upgrading the ebay gt45

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by boostcreep81, May 16, 2014.

1. boostcreep81

Can the ebay gt45 be upgraded to the 76mm wheel? I know they're pretty much an exact copy of the master power gt45 and they have upgrade kits for them. I figure, depending on the pricing for the machine work, itll be cheaper to upgrade one vs buy a whole new one

2. vht

PM VS racing on here, they could answer your question.

3. pound4pound

Try calling a custom turbo shop that deals with garrett turbos...... I was told that this just may be possible. It was said that those units may share some likeness to the garret as long as the housing has enough material to be machined and the shaft can be matched you may get lucky.......again it has not been proven but worth a shot ..... I wish I had skills this thing with a billet wheel lol or even a cast garret wheel and wow