1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

upgrading ignition coil with stock iginition is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 01somta, Aug 20, 2006.

1. 01somta

Here is my problem; my car is running very very good in 1-3rd gear in town, but I took it on the interstate tonight and set the boost controller to 9lbs. and 3rd felt great but 4 and 5th would buck or hiccup (not cut out) like it was a quick loss of power. It would only "buck" real quick once through my 4th and 5th gear pulls. It has 91 ocatane in it right now, timing is at 8* and the plugs are gapped at .032. This is also on stock ingnition. I was about to order some stuff from summit and I was wondering if this coil would make any difference. I'm pretty sure that my problem is maybe the gap on my plugs so I am going to gap them down and see if that helps also.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...908331 4294924761 4294890813 115&autoview=sku