1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AMS-2000 info

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Control Freak, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Control Freak

The AMS-2000 controller offers 10 different control strategies, 31 channels of data logging, data overlaying and much more! Our flagship controller offers 2 completely separate air management systems built into it just like the AMS-1000. This means you can control 2 items at different times and at different pressures. The extreme flexibility, precision, and features make the AMS-2000 the choice for all air management needs. We took turbo vehicles to the next level with the AMS-1000. Now we're going to shut the door, lock it and throw away the key with the AMS-2000. We are taking control to a level way out of reach of others. Don't be fooled, there is nothing that comes close to the AMS-2000! The AMS-2000 offers such a simple and professional software program that makes it easy to navigate and set up.

Key Features:

· Laptop programmable via USB interfaces requiring no driver to be installed with 100% compatibility with Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 including 64-bit systems

· 2 controllers in one unit (Boost Channel and Aux Channel)

· Full data logging (31 Channels sampled at 100hz)

· Ghost Imaging of data logged info to time based target pressure tables for extremely accurate tune changes

· Live data screen for dyno tuning or diagnostics

· If Aux channel is not used for control then it can provide 2 switched ground outputs triggered by up to 8 parameters; example uses: Shift Light, solenoid control, etc.

· Inputs are Polarity programmable on Scramble, Reduce, Activation, Shift and Trans Brake/Clutch with 8 activation options

· 10 control strategies (Time, Shift, Engine RPM, TPS, Analog Voltage, Air Temp, Pressure, Wideband, MPH, and Shaft RPM). Once your primary control strategy is chosen the others become offsets to your main control strategy( 50-point adjustment in each table )

· Scramble and Reduce functions with full 50-point ramp capability

· Air temp compensation for automatic target pressure adjustments based on ambient air temp

· Wide range of pressure sensor capability including custom sensor set up

· Over-boost protection

· AF lean out protection

· G-meter interface to log acceleration for tuning reference

· Other uses include fuel control on Nitro engines (replace existing timer boxes with regulators)!

Physical Specifications:

· Includes: Control Unit, 2 solenoids, 100 PSI pressure sensor with lead, and harness

· Billet Aluminum enclosure with vibration resistant mounts for durability

· Water resistant connector

· Option: 5 position remote selector switch (for switching between up to 5 pre-programmed tune-ups), g-meter, driveshaft sensor/wheel speed, pressure sensors, & air temp sensor.

· Length= 4.625 Width= 3.875 Height= 1.469

· 32 bit ARM processor, 72MHZ, with 512k on chip flash memory

· RS-232 capability for future remote display and basic programming interface

· External non-volatile RAM for data log functions

2. Drlee50

so what you are saying is that this is better than a manual ball valve? Not sure I believe you so.... you'll just have to send me one so i can test it out and not return it.
    Thanks!

Sounds like an amazing unit! I love my AMS-500!

3. blown385

lol , there was an American Express Gold Card add below your post . Almost clicked on it so I could buy one . :D

J/K ............. I'm far from needing the 2000 . Hell , I still use a carb .

Seriously , looks like a great unit . I stopped buy at PRI to check it out . :2thumbs: You were off doing something so I didnt get to say hey .

4. blown385

:dito: