1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2000HP 275 radial car done.... UPDATED 3rd page

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Jake, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Jake

We are begining the 3rd shift thrash on the "Beast" for next years local VAMP 275DR. Its taken two of the brokest guys putting their "junk bolt boxes" together to make this happen but I happy to say Alan and I are teaming up for next year. With his car and my engine and MANY sponsors on board we are able to step up and put this combo together.
    We are blowing the car COMPLETLY apart and building a mini tubbed 25.3 chassis, Team Z TRICKASS 9" housing, new glide, and best of all we got Steve Morris @ New Era Racecraft building me a new bullet. Of course its a blow thru with one of my pimp Roger at C&S Specialties dominator's.
    We are excited about what we learned and where we went wrong last year and look forward to putting this combo to good use. We wanted to go ahead and let the cat out of the bag for others to enjoy this endeavour with use. Without the support of our families and friends and our sponsors this wouldnt be happening.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. Slim

Re: And so it begins....

Holy Crap Jake. Is that an F3 I SEE? Good luck with the build man. That dominator hat is HUGE!!

3. BIG POPPA

Yep that's the mockup but it's gonna be F3 135. Should be a blast. :chacha:

4. SpeedAddict

Good luck, that is going to be killer!! :2thumbs: :chacha: :cheers: :bow:

Keep us updated as you get the work done. It will be a monster and it looks great already!

SpeedAddict

5. BlownShovel

BBC+F3=Driver needs to wear a diaper :2thumbs:

Thanks for sharing Jake and keep the pics coming

6. turbofreek

I can't believe you held shut this long about it.lol

7. sprayit67

B I G !!!!!!!! :eek:

8. Tims86-9.80

That is going to be a monster. I have a carb hat much like that one. LOL.

Give me a call I have some ideas for ya that I learned when building mine this year.

If there is anything I can do to help let me know. You guys had a great year, 2010 will only be better.

9. Jake

Will do Tim, Thanks! You were a BIG help last year so I definetly cant wait to see what ya got. We got some pretty cool ideas in the works for the car as the bills sprotting off the money tree allows.:D Its been hard keeping it under wraps this long but once the sawzall started I felt we were commeted enough tot he project to let it out of the bag. Running the engine pieces up to Morris next weekend for him to get started with and we've got ALOT of work to hammer out over the next couple months.

Thanks alot guys for the props!! We never would of imagined this dream to come true. As we build it I will keep this thread updated for all to enjoy.

10. nos81bu

its going to be awesome!!! :chacha:... :bow:

anything u need u got my cell number anytime brother...goodluck with it and happy new year!

11. Brent Davis

Man is that thing going to be an absolute animal. Definately keep the thread posted with lots of pics too. I need some ideas :chacha:.

12. Jake

Will do!! I wanted to wait a month so we would be far enough along then, to start pics from the begining. :D Making it look like it goes together faster than it really does.:D Heck we got plenty of time till the big race down south the end of Feb.:D:D

13. BlownShovel

Damn, Jake knows my secret :D

14. Jake

Spent the entire day cutting and welding. Damn, cutting off the lip on the firewall sucks! Still gotta nip a little here and there and finish the triming out for the mini tubs and frame notch. Not really taking advantage of as much butchering as we could. I figure we'll have enough power on tap and can take out more weight later in the passenger compartment. Dont wanna risk burning thru the paint anywhere this year.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

15. turbofreek

looks like shits gettin serious over there :2thumbs:

16. Jake

Another day of fun weighing stuff we cut out and begining the front frame section. Still gotta build and tie in the forward strut bars into my new "frame rails".
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

17. huffer

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

18. Unatural

I love seeing good fabricators get a hold of big projects like this. Nice job Jake. :2thumbs:

19. 88MMrocket

:bow:....nuff said!!!

20. mustang-junky

Subscribing. It looks wicked :2thumbs:

Jess