1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Installing solid motor mounts: "Left" and "right" according to sitting in Driv.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by NeedaTurbo, Jun 18, 2004.

1. NeedaTurbo

Hey,
    On my Moroso mounts it says "L" on one and "R" on one for left and right. I'm wondering, is this "left" and "right" as if you were sitting in the driver's seat, sinec that is the technical definition for cars, or is it "L" and "R" as left and right side if you were facing the engine.

AND,

When putting in the engine and transmission together in the coupe, should I put the solid mounts on the engine or should I put them on the k-member first? Thanks :D

2. TurboSN95

I think normally its as if you were driving.. so yes, left is driver and right is passenger. and I do install the mounts on the motor, then drop it in.

3. NeedaTurbo

Thankyou very much, have you decided anymore on your plans? I know a few days ago you were still weren't sure if it was going to be twins or a single :D

4. TurboSN95

I'm a gemini, if that answers your question. :D :D

5. NeedaTurbo

you mean the cricket on pinochio? :tard:

Found it :rofl:
    "the 3d zodiacal constellation pictorially represented as the twins Castor and Pollux sitting together and located on the opposite side of the Milky Way from Taurus and Orion"

6. TurboSN95

Hmm... so will Castor be the left or the right turbo? :p

Don't forget to make sure your motor is well grounded when you put it back. I think the stock setup has a crappy ground strap going to the rubber mounts. But if yours are solids now, you should be ok.

7. NeedaTurbo

Cool deal :)

I may be putting this engine/transmission w/ the clutch that's in it now, though I'll have to change it. But, I'm doing so because money is tight since I was injured at work, so not having the drivetrain in the car has been slowing me down. So I guess I'll have to install the clutch from under the car. :(

8. mitchwolos

i know that if you put them in backwards it makes it sit too far forward

so just line them up with the k member so it sits farther back