1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Universal Turbo Headers for SBC. Where buy ?

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by divette, Sep 16, 2007.

1. divette

Hi guys!

Who knows - where it is possible to buy similar headers? :huh:

Laziness to do it. I wish to buy ready headers.

I want:
    A material - 304 or 321 Stainless Steel.
    Thikness pipes - not less 2mm.
    Flange - not less 3/8"
    Ceramic coating - not matter.

Thanks beforehand.

P.S.
    I call to NRE - Nelson say to me, that he's TT headers only cost 4000$ :bah:
    This headers is "super quality" - but 4000$......
    I want low cost headers. (not more 2000$)

2. FSTFBDY

1st off nice vette you got there. Any pictures of it.

ya nelson headers will cost ya an arm, leg and left testtie.

Im sure for $2000 or under some of the board sponcers here who make headers could fab ya some up.

3. divette

1st photo - my old setup (L98 TPI TT w/custom change "BBS Design's" headers):

2st photo - my NEW setup (SP SBC TT w/"SS Autochrome" headers :D):

I WANT TO BUY PROFESSIONAL QUALITY "4 into 1" HEAVY DUTY TURBO HEADERS! :bang:

4. divette

I want to buy ONLY this parts: (4 to 1 headers ONLY)

5. MEAN_SBC

Get you a welder and build some... It's not as hard as you think.... This is the first and only set I've ever built. I'm a novice welder, and the pride factor is through the roof. 8)

These are mild steel, but you get the jist.......... In mild, before coating I have under 300 in these.

[​IMG]#ad

6. divette

Very nice work!!!! :2thumbs:

What wall thikness on this headers pipes?
    What thikness of flange? (looks thin...)

"Mild" steel is NOT "Stainless" ???

7. MEAN_SBC

The flanges are only 1/4." Like I said, these were my first set, and if I could do them over, I would use 1/2" flanges. That being said, I'm using REMFLEX header gaskets, and I made 17 passes over this weekend (I raced Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and I have exhaust leak zero.

They are 16 gauge thickness I believe. Mild steel is not stainless steel. But mild steel is also a lot less prone to crack. Coating them runs about $200, but the coating does lose its luster.

8. GN_Elky

Im a beginning welder myself...What kind of welding setup do you have? Or did I miss that info in one of your earlier build post. :huh:

9. divette

Guys, advise me, please - WHO CAN MADE this custom turbo headers?

Thanks beforehand.

10. MEAN_SBC

B&G Custom Turbo. Brian's an advertiser on the site.

11. divette

Thanks for advice!

I find he's site - http://www.bgturbokits.com/

12. 67TurboChevelle

You can also get your custom setup from Brian here: http://www.horsepowerconnection.com/products.htm

He can build you either a 304 or 321 set and his designs are very similar to what mean posted. Depending on your exact design, his price range on 304 is probably in the $1500-1800 ball park.

As another alternate, you can also get a set from stainless works for $1412.91 and here is the link for the page they are on http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=turbo&osCsid=dcfb4cdbfb58df80cc82df798e862326

GL,
    Corey

13. FSTFBDY

14. wickedred

Damn. I need to go into the SBC and BBC turbo header business. There defiatley is a market there to be tapped.

15. Louie L

Yes there is a market. But unless you can belt them out fairly quickly and for a decent price you wont make many. There is a reason most shops charge anywhere from 1500- 2500.00 for turbo headers depending on material. Im about 90% done with my 1st M/S set and I know id want over 800 bux for them.

16. wickedred

I used to build custom turbo headers all the time. Repeatability is all in the Jig You build. Its not that hard. Time consuming yes. The key is to desing a set of SBC turbo headers that fit many diffrent platforms and are of solid construction. Sure I could build race/show quality turbo headers out of 321 SS and charge $1200+ for them. However it is out of the reach and beyond the scope of the average builds budget.

17. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Is there a reason stainless it prefered?

I can do them in mild steel. Same as our street headers. They would be 1/2 flanges. rest would be 14 and 16 guage mild steel. They come with 4 year warranty. get them jet hotted inside and out and they will last you years upon years. Pm me.

18. wickedred

I would like to be emailed pics and pricing of You SBC headers. Maybe they will work for my build better than the Ebay units.
    This content is protected

19. xdamxincx

whats wrong with the headers in the pic u posted .. where did those come from ?

20. shawnc16

I believe those are Nelson Racing headers... nothing wrong with em except for the price tag...