1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Unfortunate end to the year....

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Jake, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Jake

Well first off sorry for making the delay today guys at the track rental!! Second of all THANKS for the guys who helped load it up!!! Larry, Todd and whoever else, THANKS!!

We were making GREAT strides with things and found ourselves able to start putting the power in a little at a time. 7.8 something off the trailer at 186. Next pass we went a 7.78 and 186. Next we backed it off to run 1/8 mile passes and our next best was a 5.07. Next two passes we found ourselves putting a little in at a time and had to pedal the first one and then the second it stood back up somewhere around 400-500' it came down hard. Actually digging the rack into the track almost 2". By doing so it literally twisted the rack mount in two and busting the aluminum rack mounting ears off which now piled all of that into the oil pan. Really hard to drive a car with no steering and in the wall she went. Alan did and excellant job controlling all he could and the positive is it could of been alot worse and my welds passed testing,LOL. Above all- Alans OK and in the end thats ALL that matters. We are done for quite awhile now. Greg should have some video up tonight aswell.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. MUSTLX50

Sorry to see that happen to you guys Jake, :doh: but like you said at least no one got hurt. Good luck to you guys and I'm sure you guys will come out stronger than ever. :2thumbs:

3. blown385

I was shocked to see it like that . :bang:

Just glad to see your OK .

4. Brent Davis

Yes glad to see everyone is ok though Jake.

man is that car running great too. Gotta love it. :cheers:

5. conbread

man, sorry about the bad luck..I love that car..

6. nos10racer

that really sucks. its awesome so one got hurt ??

how much do you think it will be to repair it ? time and money ?

7. Jake

Thanks guys!! Doesnt appear to of gotten into too much of the chassis hopefully. But yet the damage quit at the point of chasiss so I gotta check the front bars real close though as our K-member bolted into them and it took a pretty good whap. Now after surveying it kinda worried about the crank and rods. It looks to of wrappdr the crossmember around the crank and not sure what it may of done in there. It could of been so much worse! Thank God someone was watching out for us and made it as painless as possible! Tenative list of damage beyond that-
    K-member
    rack
    steering shaft
    a-arm
    header
    oil pan
    fascia
    air damn
    headlights
    windsheild
    fender
    front tire
    fuel cell
    think we can salvage the door
    paint and body work
    hood?
    front struts?
    rods/crank/billet oil pump?
    hoping the front wheels arent bent too.

8. wazslow

Sorry to see this man! Im glad to see you are ok, the car can be fixed! My not be much conciliation, but at least it happened at the end of the year... Car was flying!

9. Jake

Thanks! Definetly glad it happened near the end of the year. Would of been MUCH more painfull to watch racing all summer.:D

Here's one of the video's of it.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/sonofgto#p/a/u/0/YCUJoSoLwWk

10. PrecisionTurboMustang

Sorry to hear about the accident. Are you sure you weren't competing in a wheelie contest :D Its ashame the things that look so bad ass kill the car.

How do you manage to get so much smoke going in such a short period of time in the burnout?

11. domn8rx

Sorry to hear, even worse to see. If anyone can fit, you can :bow:

That had to be bad in the car, glad everyone is ok.

john

12. huffer

Glad to hear no one was hurt...
    Fix it up and come back stronger... :2thumbs:

13. BIG POPPA

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It just kept going up and as you can hear I peddled but had to wait for it to start coming down. It was still going up after I let out, kinda weird but in another video you can see the rear tires off the ground. When that happenced it lost all momentum and came down with the rear tires spinning. Sucks to not have steering going 130ish that's for sure. Coulda been way worse and at the end of the night I got to hug the kids and wife.

14. BIG POPPA

On the burnout question I hit it hard and alot of rpms and right into high gear with ALOT of rpm's...lol

15. FourEyedFord

That sucks big time guys, everytime I see wreck pictures I get hit with chills! Glad the driver was OK though!

16. BlownShovel

Man Jake.... Glad everyone was OK. Could have been much worse at that power/speed. Did Alan get checked out just as a precaution? Concussion?

17. turbofreek

Jake maybe that 6" thick motor plate helped keep the frame rails strait? At least I hope its just that k member only. Man do I get choked up looking at this.

18. chad434sc

1st off....glad your ok. Great driving with what you had to drive with. 2nd off...good freakin lord that car is sick fast!!! :bow:

19. jim wingo

glad everyone was ok, bummer about the car, but i guess it could have been worse-that thing is making power for sure

20. Tims86-9.80

Guys,

Glade to see your were making progress and running really strong and congrats on the numbers.

Sorry about the car, but really glade everyone is ok. The car can be fixed, and I know you guys will. Alan, good job keeping it from being worse. Take the time you need to to think it through, and get back at it. I have been there, in the end it will only make you a better racer, team, drive, and person. Sucks this has to happen for all those good thing to happen, but it does.

Again, congratulations on an awsome year, building and racing a new car is never easy, congratulations on your strong numbers! Sorry about the car, but that will be fixed.

If there is anything you think I can help with, you got my number!