1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

tuning idle with sct 95 gt

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Capri81, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Capri81

I have a 95 gt that i am working on currently, it has a na 427 with afr 225 heads, unsure on the cam, fox edelbrock intake and t/b setup. I have the WOT and part throttle finished i just need to get the thing to idle properly. I do not have anyway to log this car so any changes i make are just trial and error. I have added to the idle spark, isc neutral, isc drive, dashpot etc. It seems like i can get it to idle steady at 850 but when you take the car out and drive it it will want to die when the power steering puts any sort of load on the motor. It also seems to change daily. one day it is good, start it up the next and it will hunt and never find its idle. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

2. 79fairmont

What meter? Is in in blow thru?

3. Colt

I'm curious about this too.. My dad's 98 GT, stroked 4.6, Patriot stage 2 heads, D1 Procharger ( Blow through MAF, Pmas IIRC ), yada yada yada.. He had it tuned by a tuner, and they flat couldnt get it right. They added a shit load of dashpot, and well, the car was horrible when coming up to a stop light. He took it back to them, sometimes it idles fine, other times it dies after a burnout, coming up to a stop light, ya know, the worst times to die... He just bought the tuning software for it so I can tune the damn thing myself.. But I'm not sure where to start with it ( havn't even looked at the software yet )...

Idle can be hard to tune, the last guys couldnt get it right and they've tuned a lot of cars.. Hopefully I can it right, I'm pretty good in that area. If I cant get it with SCT, I'll just use the tuning software and a chip I use for my 7.3 Powerstroke, I know I can get it right with that.

4. 79fairmont

As much as I hate to say it I've had a ton of luck with airflow straighteners on blow thru set ups.

5. BringIt10s

One big thing with EEC-IV cars is the idle air fuel and idle timing. Try Retarding the timing some at idle. And make sure airfuel is correct and not moving as the car warms up.

Also unplug the IAC motor while the car is running to make sure that it is actually working.

6. decipha

since you can't log your ipsibr kam correction with the junk sct software set the clips to 4 and -4 then set your min isc dc clip to 35%

reset the idle air values back to stock as well as daspot and double the decay rate from .3 up

adjust the 'ithbma' throttle body airflow scalar to get your kam closer to 0, since you can't log it, you'll have to do guess work, best bet is to just set it to .65 and try it out, thats what i would do

the cbaza ecu's are so basic i don't know why so many shops refuse to mess with them, their my specialty

if you don't have tuning abilities send me an email