1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Misfire at 5k Rpm

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by Scrapiron, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Scrapiron

E85 carb with vent tube extensions. It has 74 jets in the front and 78's in the back. Part throttle cruise is .91 on afr gauge and wot is .72. I can't get rid of a miss like hitting the rev limiter at 5000rpm. I have a digital 6 box with hvc coil and pro billet distributor. Ngk-7 plugs gapped at.028. Any ideas? Fuel has been eliminated I just bought a magnafuel prostar 625 pump. I double checked rotor phase and I do have the adjustable msd rotor. Timing is 34 deg pulling back to 25 at 10psi boost. Plugs look perfect. Sbc 383 is the engine. I can't find this miss.

Boost Engineer likes this.
  2. tbird

way rich IMO. .78-.80 WOT is plenty.
    But I might start by only taking it down to 29 deg. and .75 lambda to start

3. Scrapiron

Thanks. I am trying today to get wot in that rang to see if that helps.

4. H.P.Ranch

Valve springs? Had New Pac 1218x on LS3 hollow stem intake N/A and would float at 6600.

5. Scrapiron

They are new but doesn't mean they're not an issue. I tested them so I know where to set them up. 130 lbs seat pressure